The Blue Infinity is the brother to the Green Spirit of last week and largely shares most of it's features. The biggest distinction of the two watches is of course the color and to a smaller extent, the overall way in which the color is applied. The Blue Infinity is much more symmetrical for starters. Aside from the asymmetrical stripes on the band, the rest of the watch is colored in a fairly standard fashion.
Like the Green Spirit, the Blue Infinity is Traser's way of adding some color and pop to their impressive line of watches but the Blue Infinity is much more reserved in my opinion than last weeks offering. While the Green Spirit is a little on the loud side, almost screaming with it's near neon-green, the Blue Infinity is a darker affair. In fact, paired with a standard black nato-style band the watch would easily be understated enough to go as an every day watch for any occasion.
On the flip side though, I actually quite like the blue and white striped band. The white makes a nice accent and helps set off the design. Black, blue and white is carried throughout the watch design, from the band to the hands to the dial and tie everything together quite nicely.
One of the other ways the Blue Infinity sets itself apart is by utilizing Blue Tritium illumination. Kind of a no-brainer here sure but it's a nice touch all the same. At night you'll find blue tritium on every hand and marker save the 12 o'clock, which is white Tritium (again a nice touch from a color standpoint).
(Night photo courtesy of Traser)
- P6600 Double Case Design, Steel Inner Case with a Carbon Fiber Outer Case
- Movement: Ronda Calibre 517.6 DD
- Blue Tritium Illumination on the Hour, Minute and Second Hands and Eleven Hour Markers
- White Tritium on the 12 o'clock Hour Marker
- Blue Tritium on the Elapse Time Bezel
- Virtually Scratchproof Sapphire Crystal
- 660 Feet (200 Meters) Water Resistant
- Day and Date Window
- Bidirectional Timer Style Outer Bezel
- Screw Down Crown
- Screw Down Case back
- Nylon Fabric NATO Military Strap with Stainless Steel Buckle
- Diameter: 45mm (48mm with crown)
- Depth: (thickness) 11 mm
- Lug Width: 22 millimeters
As always, you can visit us at any one of our store fronts to see more information, prices, details and availability: Gem of the Day, TopFlight Watches and Time 4 Tritium
Stay tuned for next weeks adventures. Coming up is the all new Tornado Pro, Survivor Pro and Special Forces 100. See you soon!