As the series expanded, we started to get more and more styles. At first, they were still very close to the Mil-G in terms of style. Watches like the Elite Red and P6600 Automatic made little changes like Tritium color or swapping for an Automatic mechanical movement but before long the P6600 platform took over as the driving platform for a large portion of the traser line. Everything from the Red Combat to the Extreme Sport to the Classic Elegance Chrono can draw it's heritage right back to the original Mil-G.
Green Spirit. The most colorful and boldest variation of the P6600 series yet. It's Trasers first attempt at a truly bold look in years and one of the few competitors to the colorful Colormark series from Luminox. It's vibrant design is masterfully carried out from top to bottom. Starting out with the basic P6600 case the Green Spirit makes some bold changes.
It's not just the addition of the color green but how it was introduced. There are some cool design ques going on here that really make the watch pop. Notice how the bezel is accented with the color green from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock and how the inner bezel is colored to match giving the watch and feint asymmetrical design. Even more than that the inner bezel numbering and the dial numbering offset each other. "6-12" is found on the inner bezel and "18-24" on the dial.
This asymmetrical design is also carried over into the band with the green stripes lining up opposite the outer bezel accents. Each layer from the outside in only ever accents half of the watch. It's subtle and most people might not even notice but it give this watch and really unique look within the Traser line and it's little touches like that that I look for when I buy a watch.
A full rundown of the specs look like this:
- Double Case: Stainless Steel, Fiberglass Reinforced
- Movement: Ronda Calibre 517.6 DD
- Sapphire Crystal
- Trigalight Tritium Gas Illumination
- Green Tritium on the Hour and Minute Hands
- Green Tritium on the Unidirectional Timer Bezel
- Green Tritium on the Number 1 thriu 11
- Orange Tritium on the 12 o'clock Marker
- Blackout Dial with Green paint on the Hands and Markers
- Water Resistant to 20 Atmospheres (660 feet)
- Screw Down Crown
- Screw Down Caseback
- Nylon NATO Style Strap / Green Stripes
- Diameter: 45 millimeters (48 millimeters with setting crown)
- Thickness: 11 millimeters
Gem of the Day, TopFlight Watches and Time 4 Tritium.
Stay tuned next week as we take a look at the Green Spirit's brother, the Blue Infinity in part 3 of our on going coverage of the new Traser 2015 models.